Combine one gorgeous couple, beautiful wedding decor, and a stunning Malibu location like Calamigos Ranch and you’re bound to have photo magic. Photographer Allie Lindsey gave us all this and more when she shot Erica + Brett’s wedding at the Oaks Room. We couldn’t stop scrolling through every single gorgeous image she shot on film. Custom wooden name seating arrangements brought the natural elements indoors and neutral colors allowed the beauty of the venue to shine. Two stunning dress changes completed Erica’s vision for her perfect wedding day.
The party got started with tiny shots of Fireball poured for each guest’s table in mini copper mugs and continued onto the dance floor for one wild night. Erica + Brett were completely surrounded by all those they love most and to see the amount of support and excitement for these two was such an incredible day. Cheers to the Woolstons!
When the lovely Devon Donnahoo came to us with the idea for a romantic wedding shoot in mind, we immediately said yes. Wanting to incorporate the natural beauty of the historical San Juan Capistrano Mission along with deep garnets and rubies, we collaborated on a gorgeous concept to bring you the pretty below. Juxtaposing elements of mixed metal, soft lace and lush florals creates the feeling of a classic affair with a modern twist. We love how you can almost feel all the texture in each stunning photo. Check out the images below and be sure to hop on over to Grey Likes Weddings for the feature!
The naturally stunning backdrop of Falkner Winery in Temecula wine country provided the perfect setting for Madison + Steven’s wedding this past September. These two friends of ours were high school sweethearts, dating a total of 10 years before tying the knot! Complete with the most supportive and loving families, their wedding day was a nostalgic trip down memory lane. A vintage family car, a custom Disney cake topper and framed photos of the couple through the years allowed all of their guests to immerse themselves in Madison + Steven’s love story. We absolutely adore these two and loved being part of their special day!
Madison + Steven // Temecula Wedding // Lucky Day Events Co. // Frenzel Photography // Falkner Winery
Temecula’s perfect lighting and sunset made this special moment glow from all angles.
It happened…you’re engaged! That ring is on your finger and you can’t wipe the smile off your face. And then it hits… you’ve got a wedding to plan! Before you panic, follow these 7 steps that will put your mind at ease while allowing you to soak in every moment that you’re feeling right now as a brand new fiancé.
1. Call your home team Before you update your status, call your mom. If your family isn’t there at your proposal, give them a call letting them know you’re engaged. If your best friend lives across the country, let her know she better start prepping her speech! A personal contact shows intentionality and lets those closest to you feel included in this moment.
2. Clink that glass
Celebrate! In the immediate moments after the ‘yes,’ don’t worry about anything but soaking up every second. Remember the champagne you sipped, the song that played and the way you felt. Revel in the here and now.
3. Get insured Engagement pro tip: protect your new ring by getting it appraised and insured. Most rings will come with a certificate indicating the appraised value. If this is not the case, any certified jeweler or gemologist will execute an appraisal for you at a minimal fee. After the appraisal, double check with your renter’s or homeowner’s policy and add it on. Take note: if you’re getting your ring insured anywhere other than where you’re living as a married couple (groom’s house, bride’s house, bride’s parent’s house), you’ll need to make sure it’s changed to a new location or that it ‘rides’ with you to your new home.
4. Set a budget
Have “that talk” with each of your families to determine who is contributing to your wedding. Then once you have the total wedding budget, start to think about what you value most as a couple. Are you a foodie? Are you both music junkies? Allocate your budget toward those aspects. Some couples spend more on food stations and less on florals while some splurge for a live band and others crave a curated bar. Allocate finances toward what you care for the most and create a spreadsheet (we recommend this one in Google Docs) to start keeping track of expenses.
5. Set a date Do you envision a fall or spring wedding? An outdoor ceremony or indoor party? As you start to hone in on when you see your wedding happening, you will be able to determine where you want to look for your venue. We love recommending The Venue Report and blogs like Green Wedding Shoes and Style Me Pretty to help give you ideas for new venues. Or, ask your planner who will have a trunk full of ideas tailored specifically to you! Which leads us to…
6. Establish your dream team
If you haven’t already secured your wedding coordinator after you set your date and book your venue, start thinking about doing so! Not only will your team be there with you every step of the way, but they’ll be the ones keeping you sane and letting you know exactly when to focus on certain things in certain months. From assisting with contracts, to booking vendors, to creating mock-up designs of what your reception tables will look like, this will be one of the most stress-reducing decisions you make. We happen to know two awesome wedding coordinators and stylists 😉
7. Get ready Get ready to have a blast planning your forever. Remember that there may be hiccups along the way, but the greatest way to alleviate any built up stress is to breathe deeply and focus on why you’re doing this. You’ve said yes to the love of your life and your celebration is a true reflection of the two of you as a couple stepping into a new chapter. You’re ENGAGED! Now let’s get this party started!
As a bride, you know you’re lucky when you start wedding planning and one of your dearest friends is Tatiana from Lucky Day Events Co! A vision of sweet vintage details and expertly crafted DIY touches made this wedding uniquely sweet. The bride’s very own DIY vintage wedding decor worked wonderfully with their stunner of a venue. The bride worked tirelessly for a whole year, crafting and creating every unique detail for her wedding using her trusty Silhouette which ended up landing her a job with the company. Every sign, succulent wine cork escort card display box, table number and more was designed with careful attention to detail.
The photos are to die for and Karley + Ryan exude sweetness in every shot captured perfectly by Chard Photography. We couldn’t have asked for better weather, a better team of vendors and a more loving and down to earth couple. Boffo Video shows off just how much fun every guest had during the dance party! A surprise groomsmen dance had everyone cracking up and the glow sticks brought out the inner little kid in each guest. Congrats, you two lovebirds.